According to the Architectural Profession Act No 44 of 2000 (the Act) Section 12, SACAP may determine the registration and annual fees payable by registered persons.
IN TERMS OF SECTION 20 (1) (a) (iii) OF THE ACT: Council is mandated to cancel any person from the active Register should the fees not be paid by the due date. Registered Persons whose registration has been cancelled from the active Register must pay all outstanding arrears plus a re-registration fee before they can be re-registered.
The Council determines the quantum of these fees on an annual basis, taking into account Council budgets for the forthcoming year and economic factors such as inflation that have an impact on SACAP.
The fees payable by registered persons are as follows:
1. Registration fee - once-off non-refundable administration fee on application.
2. Annual Fee - due annually at the beginning of the financial year at the beginning of April;
During the first year of registration the fee is pro-rated, i.e. from date of registration to the end of the financial year 31st March.
The Act states that a registered person will be suspended from the register and they will need to reapply for registration in order practice legally. The Act allows for the Council to charge administrative fees for all other services that it renders.
1. All invoices appear in YOUR MEMBERSHIP (YM) profile of each active fully paid up Registered Person.
(Note : SACAP does not post invoices, email or print out invoices). Invoices will be generated on 01 April
2. SACAP does not accept cheques either in person or via post.
All cheques must be deposited directly into SACAP's FNB bank account - banking details appear are
listed on the invoices). All bank charges relating to RD cheques (refer to drawer and bank declined
cheques) will be debited to the Registered Persons account.
3. SACAP does not have the facilities to process credit card payments and such payments should be
directed to any FNB branch or via the internet.
4. SACAP does not accept cash in person or via post.
5. SACAP does not accept postal and money orders.
6. SACAP cannot make out a Tax Invoice to the employer/practice and/or company who is responsible for
paying an employee's SACAP invoice.
7. SACAP will only issue an invoice to candidate and professional who is registered with SACAP in terms of
Section 19 of the Architectural Profession Act, (Act no 44 of 2000) (The Act).
All inquiries should be directed to the SACAP CONTACT CENTRE via email address : email@example.com
or the CONTACT US section of the website.
Please click on the following to view the latest SACAP Annual fees and other Charges.