Professional Practice Examination (PPE)
SACAP Professional Practice Exam : 26 October 2016
The Professional Practice Examination (PPE) is written twice a year at various standard venues.
The PPE can also be written at any non-standard venue, nationally and internationally at the request of an applicant. The fee payable for writing the PPE at either a standard or a non-standard venue is listed under ‘point 2’ below.
All persons registered as "Candidates" are required to write the PPE before being registered in a Professional registration category.
The following important dates must be noted
O5 SEPTEMBER 2016 - Closing date for applications to write the PPE
19 SEPTEMBER 2016 - Confirmation of applications and eligibility to write the PPE
03 OCTOBER 2016 - Confirmation of venues and general arrangements for PPE
26 OCTOBER 2016 - Date of the Professional Practice Examination (PPE)
- Applications to write the PPE will no longer be in the form of a Preliminary Applications and Final Payment. Only once, FINAL PAYMENT will be required with this application. This means that all applicants will be required to pay the full PPE fee with the submission of this application.
- No application will be considered without receipt of payment.
- Applicants registered as Candidates will be requested to print a summary of the Monthly Training Records (MTRs) submitted, from the MTR website, and upload this with the application to write the PPE at the space provided on the application form.
- Only persons currently registered with SACAP will be allowed to write the PPE;
- Persons registered as Candidate Architectural Draughtspersons only have to write and pass Paper 1 of the examination;
- Contact information supplied will be taken as the applicant’s preferred contact details for the purpose of this examination;
- Applicants registered as Candidates will only be allowed to write the PPE if they meet the conditions set out in the Practical Training and Examination Policy;
- Administration fees are non-refundable;
- Exam scripts will under no circumstances be made available for perusal;
- Results of the PPE will be communicated with the applicants by e-mail. No results will be given telephonically;
- No late applications and/or payments will be accepted or considered;
- Applicants will be identified by the invigilator, at the start of each examination session, by means of their Barcoded SA ID document; or Valid Passport.
Please download all relevant information regarding the Professional Practice Exam (PPE) section below.